Two months of Android in 115 words
Two months of Android in 115 words.
So, we’re finally back from a long hiatus due to exams – welcome back to Axiostech!
I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶-̶d̶e̶p̶t̶h̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ here’s a brief rundown of everything we missed.
- Samsung went for a complete revamp for the s6. They’re doing quite well.
- HTC and Sony didn’t really bother with their flagships. They’re doing awfully.
- LG sort of were in-between. Also, Leather.
- ASUS is the new Oneplus.
- Meanwhile, the Oneplus Two is MIA.
- Snapdragon 810 is a space heater masquerading as a SoC.
- Fingerprint scanners, offline maps, and Doze to improve battery life.
- All in Android M, coming your phone soon. Maybe. Sort of. “Soon”.
- App permissions! You know Google IO is dull when they talk about that.
- Project Fi. Hm, well, that’s doomed.
- Hangouts will finally get updated?
- Nvidia Android console looks nice. We have proof the X1 exists.
- First working ARA prototype. Woo!